Finding healthy snack options can be somewhat of a challenge at times. With the temptation and ease of the overwhelmingly available unhealthy options it can become very tempting to stray away off the path of a nutrient dense meal plan.
These Paleo Bars courtesy of anaussiewithcrohns.com are so ridiculously easy, that you can whip them up in no time at all and make for a convenient morning or afternoon snack.
Packed with the goodness of good fats from nuts and coconut oil, the health benefits of these paleo bars include:
- Improved heart health
- Improved satiety
- Stimulation in fat loss
Add in a touch of cacao and cinnamon into the mix, and you’ve got yourself one great tasting, health concious, on-the-go snack.
- 2 cups mixed nuts (eg. cashews, macadamias, walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts)
- 1 cup dates (medjool or dried)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Cinnamon to serve (optional)
- Process nuts in food processor until very fine.
- Add dates with either option 1 or 2 below:
- If using dried dates, put them in a microwave bowl with 1/2 cup hot water and microwave for 3 minutes. Drain off the excess water before adding to the nuts.
- If using medjool dates, take out the pits and add them to the processor.
- Add the cacao powder and coconut oil.
- Process until it forms a sticky, fudgey dough. (If using medjool dates, add a Tablespoon of water if needed.
- Line a square 20cm (8 inch) pan with baking paper.Spread mixture evenly into the pan and place into the fridge to set. (Put in the freezer if in a hurry.)
- When set, cut into paleo bar size pieces and (optional) dust cinnamon over the top for added taste and to reap it’s fat burning benefits. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge.