Looking for a sweet treat without refined sugar? Try this gluten free banana bread and indulge that sweet tooth without the guilt. Try adding a few scoops of your favourite protein powder (vanilla works best) to the mix and add pack more macro nutrients to this tasty treat.
- 0.5 cups of coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 100 g walnuts (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or coconut butter (I prefer coconut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ripe bananas peeled
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mash the bananas in an other bowl with a fork until it is mostly creamy. It is ok if there are small pieces if you prefer this
- On a stove, melt the coconut oil(or coconut butter) and honey
- Add the mashed banana, coconut oil/butter, and honey to the dry ingredients and use a hand whisk to combine (not electric)
- Butter a banana bread oven dish and sprinkle coconut flour over it so the bread will not stick to it when it is cooked
- Place in the oven for 1 hour (check at 45 min mark – baking times may differ depending on oven. Insert knife into center. If knife comes out clean, banana bread is done!).
Put some butter in a pan and fry the bread on both sides until brown – then ENJOY!