Making healthy food choices doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavour. This quick and easy banana protein pancakes recipe has many uses. Not only is it a great breakfast to start the day, the high protein content also helps to keep you fuller for longer and the quick release carbohydrates makes it ideal as a pre workout and post workout snack/meal.
- 1 x Banana
- 2 or 3 eggs
- Almond meal
- Protein powder (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Authentic maple syrup to taste
- Coconut oil or organic butter
- Strawberries (optional)
- Blueberries (optional)
- Roughly mash banana. It doesn’t need to be of a pure’e like consistency. A few chunks adds to the flavour and texture.
- Whisk eggs and add to mashed banana. 2 eggs for a small banana, 3 eggs for a large banana. Note: There is approx 7g of protein per egg. Add the desired amount for protein needs.
- Gently stir to combine the banana and egg mixture together.
- Add scoops of protein powder – the amount of scoops of protein powder will add to the total amount of protein whilst thickening the mixture to a pancake like consistency. Chocolate flavour works best (banana choc protein pancakes)!
- Add almond meal as a thickening agent for the pancake batter. If you’ve used protein powder as well you may or may not need almond meal depending on the consistency of the batter.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in pan and cook pancakes until golden brown. Add cinnamon to pancakes whilst cooking for added flavour.
- Drizzle maple syrup and garnish with berries.